6.18.2011

ALERT: Sunshine Cinemas.


I'm not sure if there are any fellow New Yorkers who actually read this blog, but there's some badassitry coming up in the city. For one, Sunshine Cinemas has some epic midnight showings. 

1. We've got King Of New York (1990) tonight, which I haven't seen, but it's got Christopher Walken and Laurence Fishburne, so I expect it's awesome. 

2. From July 1st-3rd, they're screening Independence Day (1996), which never gets old. 

3. Last but definitely not least, July 22nd-23rd they're doing midnight showings of True Romance (1993), also known as "the other Tarantino movie". You can bet I'll be there. 

8 comments:

  1. All of these are killer films I could watch over and over. Wish the theaters around here would do something cool like this. All we get are sing along showings of the craptacular Mamma Mia. Though I now that I'm thinking about it, the AMC did do a weekend marathon of all three extended LOTR movies. Still wish I was in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to agree with you! That sucks about Mama Mia. I don't think I'd ever want to watch that once, let alone ten times. And they're doing the same LOTRs marathon thing here! I'm so buying tickets for that biotch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interested in your opinion of King Of New York!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jose--Agreed! It's a lovely place to be.

    @ Ty--I wish I could give it to you! Unfortunately, I had to spent the day in a decidedly less-than-badass dentist chair getting wisdom teeth out. Would have much rather been mindfucked by Morpheus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is unfortunate! Hopefully you will get to see King Of New York soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm jealous. I'd love to see both King of New York and True Romance on the Big Screen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Ty--I know! It's got a killer cast, now that I know it exists, I think I'm going to have to be checking that one out.

    @ Brent--Another vote for King of New York! I'm definitely looking forward to checking out True Romance on the big screen, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, Chuck Norris sneezes and creates a new solar system.