THE VERSATILE BLOGGER
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's The Smoking Pen's first blogger award! All the thanks for this one goes straight to the ever articulate, right on, and badass Matthew Vanacore, also known as FilmMattic. I tip my hat, good sir. Now in the words of Steve (I'm certain to get my award revoked purely for this reference), "if you two fellas are done blowing each other..."
There are four rules for
1. Link back to your awarder: Matthew Vanacore!
2. Unearth 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers. Because movie blogging is apparently a small town, Matthew just happened to award...more than half the people I would've given this award to. However, in the spirit of avoiding repeats, I'm going to hand this bad boy out to the few I read constantly that he didn't mention.
4. Once I name you as a recipient, just come back to my blog and pick up your award (oh, and congratulations)!
And so, in no particular order, the award goes to...(drum roll please)...
3. Film Gurl.
10. Blog Cabins.
12. Horror Digest.
13. DIY Filmmaker.
14. Phone Strumpet.
15. Acting 2.0.
Congrats to you all--this is the award that just keeps giving, isn't it? And now for that dirty bit of personal information...
SEVEN THINGS YOU WISH YOU DIDN'T KNOW.
1. I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for near five years now. Which is about 25 years in lesbian years. She's the actress, I'm the writer, we're both doomed to be geniuses in a cardboard box and we're quite happy with that, thank you very much.
2. I've only fully finished one screenplay. Absolutely nothing's come of it. Yet. It's about mafia and Ancient Greek history. Think Guy Ritchie meets Frank Miller. Yeah. I went there.
3. About the Ancient Greek thing. I'm kind of an Ancient Greek/Roman nerd? Gods who have sex with their sisters, people who eat their children, swan rapists? Count me in. The only furry thing I currently own is a hamster who's suffered the brunt of my ancient history fetish by bearing the name Virgil--the Roman who decided to fill in all of Homer's blank spaces with The Aeneid yet has been reduced to "that man who escorted Dante through hell". Or, you know. My hamster.
4. I'm looking to finish "Screenplay No. 2" pronto. I'm midstream in Script Frenzy, so here's so hoping I actually finish it. If this is your first time reading about Script Frenzy and you're interested, you can still catch up--six pages a day doesn't sound too impossible, right?
5. When I was a child, my favorite movie was All Dogs Go To Heaven (1989). Rewatching it, I've realized it's a child's gangster movie. Carface? They weren't even trying to hide it. I feel like this explains everything about me.
6. Politically speaking, I'm a dirty hippy: Legalize Gay Marriage, Leave
Britney Planned Parenthood Alone!, Green Is Good, Legalize Pot.
7. I walk really loudly. I've come to the conclusion that it's a defense mechanism to scare away larger predators, what with only reaching the height of a sad 5"2.
There you have it! Now allow me to go off and do a victory dance.