5.14.2013

And More White People.

TRAILER: WORLD WAR Z (2013)

Believe it or not, every now and then, I do actually pick up a book without pictures. In the quasi-recent past, one of those books was World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, penned by Max Brooks. And I loved that book. Loved the shit out of it. Made everyone I know read it, including my impossibly tolerant mother. Here's why World War Z rocked: it wasn't just a zombie book. Naturally, the living dead would have been enough to completely satisfy me. But what really made this book stand out from the rest was the fact that it was, more or less, a hypothetical, sociopolitical study of how different cultures would react to the end of the world. Completely fictional and, at points, mildly ridiculous (remember the Samurai?), but it was fascinating, imaginative, and different

At least, it was. Until the movie caught on. And maybe I'm jumping the gun. Hell, the movie hasn't even come out yet. But it's its anything like the trailer, it looks to me like more #whitepeopleproblems. Because, clearly, we do not have enough movies about nuclear, all-American white families with first world issues.

Like, O.M.G. Gag me with a spoon.

Really, this movie would've been a lot more dynamic if they'd just done "Bradgelina & Children Fight Zombies." They've got one from each country, right?

In short: this trailer better be misleading as hell, or I'm gonna be pissed.

1 comment:

  1. How about the earth being taken over by fallen angels?

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, Chuck Norris sneezes and creates a new solar system.